Saturday 21 January 2012

The Zombie Invasion Begins

Got another coin purse made today. It uses the 3 fabrics I got to go together for making handbags and things. Thought I'd try them out on something small first.



Yes, I know. It's kinda gruesome, but I'm not aiming for a mainstream market, and with a label called Frankenstitchery what do you expect XD  The "blood splatter" fabric goes really well with the cute/morbid woodland print fabric I have, but I shall have to give some thought as to what to make out of it. I want to fussy cut it to get the best out of the design, but I don't want to waste any by doing so. I need to plan it out.

I also need to get my butt in gear and get things listed on Etsy. This is a leap year so I thought I'd aim for doing it on or before 29th Feb. I want to get a few more things made before I start.

4 comments:

  1. These are definitely different but you are aiming for a niche market so good luck and get on to Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have started the ball rolling. I set up an etsy account for Frankenstitchery yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the Etsy shop. Your bag is lovely and I particularly like your label inside. Its not easy selling hand crafted goods of any type but I really wish you all the success in the world. Have you started the doll yet? I'd love to see that as I can't imagine what it will look like as the picture you posted looked like a printed piece of fabric. I've never seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sweet of you. Thanks. I have started the doll. I just need to put the arms on and do the skirt but the neck is a bit floppy so I need to do something to fix it. The pieces are printed straight on to the fabric and you just cut them out and stitch them together.

    ReplyDelete