Tuesday 5 March 2013

Checking In 3 Months Later

It's been nearly 3 months since my last post. I haven't updated mainly because I haven't really had chance to get any sewing done. I made a pair of spats for a friend, but not much else. I've been distracted with work and family stuff and watching a cartoon about a Metal band on dvd  >.>

I've nearly finished a project I started working on as a sample for a class. After explaining the difference between Machine Embroidery and Free Motion Embroidery the ladies in my class asked if they could try some FME. I searched the internet for ideas for a project and found 'Girl on a tree swing' by Aneela Hoey http://comfortstitching.typepad.co.uk/comfortstitching/2010/01/raw-edge-applique-tutorial.html My ladies have long finished their's but here is mine so far

I want to add some flowers in the grass and the tree. The shop is going to have a stand at the Creative Stitches show at the SECC later this week so it's going to be framed and displayed as an idea for what to do with the scap bags we have for sale.

One of my New Years Resolutions was to go and see more stuff live. So I have tickets for a Romeo and Juliet ballet and T-rextasy (T-rex tribute band. I've seen them twice before and they are really good) at the newly re-opend local theatre and tickes for one of my favourite bands, a Hair Metal band from Sweden, in Newcastle as they are not coming to Scotland.

I am also trying to get back into the doll hobby. I'm going to order a new 1/3 scale Ball Jointed Doll before the company discontinue the sculpt I want, and I want to work on my 1/6th scales (Barbie sized), but I'll try and keep this as a sewing blog and not over do the doll stuff here :)

2 comments:

  1. This is an adorable quilt! Been thinking about taking up quilting lately--I have lots of too pretty to throw out fabric scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should give it a go. It doesn't have to be full size quilts. There's lots of smaller projects online you could try it out with :)

    ReplyDelete