Wednesday 14 September 2011

The first post is always so hard to do

The first post on a new blog is always so hard to do. I never know what to say. An introduction perhaps?......Well, at 7 years old I decided I wanted to be a "fashion designer" but I ended up training to be a goldsmith when I left school and then couldn't get a job when I finished college. While unemployed I started sewing thanks to my Gran giving me her old Singer. I ended up going back to college to do Fashion Design and Production, then went on to Uni and did Clothing design and Manufacture at Heriot-Watt. Oh how I miss the days of driving around Galashiels while my flatmate complained about my choice of driving music.
Anyway, I started collecting Barbie dolls when I was about 20, then later other fashion dolls but I kinda jumped ship when I discovered Asian Ball Jointed Dolls. I bought my first one in 2005 and I now have 13. When I have time I make them clothes and occasionally I do commissions for other people, but time management is not one of my strong points so it doesn't happen often.

I think that's enough for now, but before I go there is one more introduction to do.....
This is my whippet, Barney  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment