Sunday 18 March 2012

Chasing Dust Bunnies

After the wind and rain we've had over the last week it is now sunny and looks like a lovely spring day. I noticed that some of the cherry blossom trees I pass on the way into town are starting to bud. That's my favourite time of year. When all the pink blossoms are out and it's a nice sunny, but not too warm day. Shame the blossoms only last a few weeks.

Anyway, The Creative Stitches and Hobbycraft show went really well for the shop. Better than we ever thought, especially as it was our first time doing such a big show. I managed to just spend a few pounds but there was so much lovely stuff, I could have spent a fortune.
I've been really busy so I've not had chance to make anything over the last week or so. I have now got 20 draft listings on etsy done. Still need to do more photos. I think it will probably be April before I'm ready, unless I just go "oh sod it!" and hit the publish button.

I spent most of yesterday looking for ideas for new projects for my classes. I found a few good ones so I'll need to get some samples made up. Today I decided I needed somewhere to put my sewing books. My bookshelf is already full so there wasn't much chance of them going in there. Under my printer in my computer desk is a boxy bit that has been piled up with various kinds of printer paper and boxes of floppy disks. Perfect! So I cleared it out and got rid of the dust bunnies and the old magazines from 2006  >.>  So now all my lovely sewing books have a proper home and are waiting for the new arrival.......a patchwork book! Who'd have thought eh! I was never hugely interested in patchwork. I liked the smaller items....wall hangings and the likes, but the thought of sewing lots of little squares together to make a big quilt seemed kinda boring. However, with the classes in the shop, going to the open nights of my workmate, Sheila, (of Bluepatch Quilter,) and seeing all the things her ladies had made, then being at the show last week........I kinda broke and ordered a book. I'd like to make a Wizard of Oz quilt using some of the awesome licensed prints I've seen and there's a few other ideas floating around my head. Ideas that don't in any way involve Zombies. Not at all  >.>    <.<

1 comment:

  1. So glad I had a hand in corrupting you over to the dark side!

    ReplyDelete