Wednesday 2 November 2011

Ms Allsopp

Just sitting watching Kirstie's Handmade Britain. She is quickly becoming one of my idols XD. She was the face of Jamone for a while. The shop I work in is a Janome agent so we had posters with her on them. The first time she did free motion embroidery she said "machine embroidery is the crack cocaine of the craft world.....and I'm addicted". Well, the shop toilet was starting to look a bit drab so we started putting up the spare pattern book posters up in there. After she made her comment on tv I printed out a big speech bubble with the quote in it and put it up with her poster XD

Mr X Stitch rocks! I only found out he was British a few weeks ago.  I had kinda assumed he was American. I've never been a fan of cross stitch. I think it was the memory of the ones I used to see in my old aunt's house that put me off it. Very traditional. Flowers and kittens. A map of Scotland etc. I'd like to have a go at doing hand embroidery, maybe not cross stitch per se. Need to wait till we get some more hoops in at the shop before I can try.

She won! Well done Kirstie!

No comments:

Post a Comment