Saturday 24 December 2011

Just what I wanted for Christmas........

......A cold  ¬_¬

I got all my pressies finished and they have all been given out. I'm a little nervous about them to be honest. It's the frist time I've tried to make most of my presents. I'm happy with them so that's a good start.

This is the toiletry bag I made for my boyfriends dad. He goes away on photography trips so I thought this was a good idea.


I also made this Christmas light bunting out of felt for the shop window.


I was really pleased with how it turned out. Think I'll make some for myself next year.

The shop stays shut over Christmas and New Year so I'm off work for nearly two weeks. I have a lot to keep me busy though. I have samples to stitch out for my embroidery classes and I need to come up with projects for my kids and beginners classes.

Anyway, Happy Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, hope it was a good one. Your toiletry bag looks brilliant with that camera embroidery, I bet he loved it. I've got my thinking hat on today and looking online for ideas to make for ebay after Christmas and the New Year. I have to make to sell otherwise I can't afford the sewing stash I want for myself lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good Christmas too. Mine was quiet but nice. Thank you, he did like the toiletry bag. I'm looking for new projects too for my classes. My stash is getting bigger all the time as well. I really need to get to work on using some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about the stash getting bigger. I just keep seeing more and more 'must have' fabrics. Unbelievably I have a huge selection of Cath Kidston fabrics but never make anything for myself out of them nowadays. I sell things I make in CK and prefer to use the prettier cheaper cottons for my own things...I must be mad!! Your new projects for your classes are they in the hoop things or do you mean from scratch by hand...runs and hides...I can't sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem is that I go " I'm going to make myself something in that" but can never decide on what to make out of it, so it just sits there doing nothing.
    Some of my projects are for the embroidery classes. We've done in the hoop projects like the phone cases and regular machine embroidery. I'm working on a Chinese wall hanging just now. My kids and adults classes are how to uses a sewing machine, though we do a little bit of hand sewing and I'll be bringing in a bit of hand embroidery. Simple things though, cos I've just stared doing it myself.

    ReplyDelete